Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Big Date

Last night was just…perfect. We went to The Melting Pot down on the Riverwalk. It is a fondue restaurant. When my wife told me that she wanted to go there, all I could think was, fondue? Great, that sounds like a LOVELY time.



You know what…it was! When I called to make the reservation, I explained that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we showed up, they had roses sitting on the table. Yeah, she was surprised.

They had this enormous wine list, possibly the most in depth I have ever seen at a restaurant, so we decided to order a specialty drink while we perused the massive selection. It was a Banana Berry Betweenie.

“Would you like to make that a shared drink?” Billy (our server) asked.
“Sure,” I answered, thinking that meant two straws (hey that sounded pretty romantic to me).

It had two straws alright, but they were protruding from this giant martini glass. The bowl on this thing was as big as my head (hey, no snickering about me having a big head). We ordered some wine to accompany our dinner. My wife decided on a nice Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand (The Crossings) and I chose an Australian Shiraz.

We ordered their signature four-course offering (The Big Night Out) for two. This meal had everything. I am talking steak, lobster, shrimp, chicken, salmon, sesame beef and that was just the Entree. Before we ever touched the main course we indulged ourselves with a nice Wisconsin Trio Cheese Fondue, using bread, apples and vegetables to dip with. It was following shortly by some absolutely wonderful Chef’s Salads. Once we polished off the majority of our Entrée, we were treated to a Flaming Turtle. My oh my, that tasted almost…divine.

As we left the restaurant, I was shocked to discover that we had just sat through a two-hour dinner. It was easy to lose track of time in such a cozy atmosphere, especially when the time is passed with someone you love.

15 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Wow, we have a Melting Pot here in Nashville. I have been quite skepticle about going there, but after reading this post, I might just surprise my girlfriend with a 'big night out'. Thanks :)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

No problem, I am sure that you both will enjoy it.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gatlin guns to world title
Gatlin, who joins the likes of Carl Lewis Donovan Bailey Maurice Greene "I feel great and to add the world title to my Olympic gold medal is even better," said Gatlin.
Very nice blog site!! Lots of info, bookmarked it.

I have a Tropical Ceiling Fan Light site/blog. It pretty much covers Tropical Ceiling Fan Light related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Aw, James. Very sweet. It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary.

We don't have a Melting Pot here, but in Medora, North Dakota, they have a fondue place. We didn't get to go, but I guess it's all outside like a big picnic. They stick big old slabs of beef on pitchforks and deep fry them in barrels of oil. Voila -- fondue. ;~)

I'm glad you had a good time.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Happy Anniversary and it is good to hear that you had a wonderful time !

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks to both of you, it really was a wonderful night.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

WOW! I wanna go there for my anniversary! Start reminding your cousin before November 25th.

Happy anniversary again to you both. I'm glad you had a good time!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger JohnH985 said...

Happy anniversary to you both! Glad you had a good time.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Leslie, I will remind him...gently, of course.

John, Thanks!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

No one said you had to remind him "gently"... Hee hee!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

duely noted! :)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

Sounds wonderful. A belated happy anniversary to you and your wife. You are both obviously very blessed.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Patry. I feel the same way, I have definately been blessed.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Aaa insurence round ass tight pussy Fuji finepix s900 digital camera specs Penthouse hardcore pictures Milf hunter blog gallery Repo boats dublin ca sensual butt rub

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! tatoo removal 30gb accessory ipod mp3 player http://www.ritalin-0.info service internet fax Paycheck calculator 401k send flowers digital photography printing http://www.protonix-4.info

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.