Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

When I close my eyes...

I can’t sleep; my mind is willing, but my body keeps getting in the way.
Nothing seems to help tonight; I close my eyes, but my dreams are evasive.
Seems like it would be an easy thing to do; just stop being awake.
Out of nowhere the coughing fits begin; sickness in the summertime?
My mind is reeling; it longs for some rest.
NyQuil should be my best friend by now, but it’s not.
I am drowning in a see of mucus and self-pity; why did this happen to me?
Aerial assaults by an unseen enemy have brought me to me knees.


Oh well, there is always tomorrow…

6 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Benadryl. Works wonders.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yeah, I am sure that something's gotta work!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Have you tried some good old fashioned whiskey*? If you can't sleep, at least you will not care.

*that is terrible advise from me. sorry ;)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That's really not bad advice, but I am thinking if the Nyquil doesn't knock me out, I'm not sure that anything will.

Thanks though...

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Robin said...

"Seems like it would be an easy thing to do; just stop being awake."

Love this line. Sorry to hear about your troubles, though. Since I'm writing this at 3:43 am, I guess you'll find it easy to believe that I can relate. Regarding the sinuses, though -- maybe a round of antibiotics is in order?

I hope you're feeling better.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, I am going to see the Doc today.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.