Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Tiny Kicks

Hiya!!!! My son had his first karate test Yesterday. You could tell he was nervous. He has been going over his form and all of the strikes/kicks/combos that he has learned so far. He has been practicing every spare moment for the last three days straight.

We show up for the test and there are fifteen other children testing. Their ranks were mostly orange (trying for green) and whites (trying for yellow). Their was one girl that was testing for her red belt and one boy testing for his camo belt (they didn’t have those the first time I went through).

All of the kids did wonderful, some were down right impressive. The whole process took a little over an hour. My son broke a board with a front kick as his final task. Yes, he passed them all and has officially moved up in rank to yellow belt. Yeah, for Tyler…

I would also like to give a giant congratulations to all of the other children that advanced as well. Good work you guys, I would have difficulty memorizing some of those forms.

On a side note, I had to take a brief hiatus from my training. My new project has pretty much guaranteed that I won’t have time to do anything but work, eat and sleep for a couple of months (I am sure I will manage to get a little writing in, but you know what I mean). I hope to resume my studies sometime in October.

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

YAY Tyler!! I'm so proud of you! Way to go!! *HUGS* Just be careful and go easy on your old man. One day you may be able to whoop his...a- er, booty.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

He will NEVER be able to whoop the old man! :)

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

My son's name is Tyler also. We call him Ty. Good job Tyler and good luch with your progress in karate!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

We also call my son Ty. Except for when he is in trouble. For those occasions he gets the full first, middle and last name treatment. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.