Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Split, Hit, Stay & Pray

Ah, yeah…you know what time it is. It’s that time of the month where I regal you with tales of my wacky misadventures in our monthly Black Jack Tournament. It was a strange night for me, full of …well, the unexpected. Alas, I don’t really want to get into any of the not so cool shenanigans that occurred during the evening, but suffice it to say, the evening didn’t go off without a hitch. Fear not, the problem (and yes it boiled down to one problem), has been rectified and our normal fun loving, smack talking, but doing it all in the spirit of good times with good friends will resume next month. But enough of all that sordid business, let’s talk about the good stuff.

The first round of cards fell revealing some nice cards for all and a blackjack on a $40 (hypothetical of course) hand. Unfortunately, that hand didn’t belong to me. No, I was left holding a sixteen facing a king. The next round of cards wasn’t much better. I quickly found myself falling into my old routines, throwing wild bets at random and…losing them. Before long, I was down to $30 in chips. It is a familiar place for me, as every time we get together I find myself in this position before the end of the tournament.

Then something happened; I went “all in” and won. Then I won again and again. By the end of the tournament, I had over $600 in chips. I was the chip leader. The last round was dealt, we had to take a small break to sort out some issues, and then we finished the game. Wouldn’t you know it…I won! Yes, it is official; I have won my first Black Jack tournament.

I would like to thank everyone who made this moment possible. Without my fellow players, none of this would have happened. Thanks to the dealer who stood firm and threw Black Jacks like they were going out of style. Thanks to the hosts that set the scene for this amazing occurrence. And last but not least, I would like to thank Lady Luck for finally taking your foot off my throat and replacing it with a big ol’ sloppy kiss.

All kidding aside, it was a great time and I can’t wait for next month.

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Congratulations Goody ! And good luck with next month .

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you. I will probably need all of the luck I can get.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! http://www.county-maricopa-property-tax.info online mba degree rumford rhode island

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.