Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Good Times

Well, we started the weekend off right. Last night I grilled up about twenty pounds of ribs (don’t worry I mixed up a little with baby backs, spare ribs, beef short ribs and rack of beef ribs) and served it to a few good friends and family. I also mixed up a batch of my world famous (in my mind at least) mac salad. Rob, introduced us to bacon wrapped mushrooms. Oh…my…god, they were fantastic.

After dinner, we decided to play horseshoes. Wouldn’t you know it, it was already dark by the time we went outside. What is a man to do? I grabbed a flashlight and we had our very first nighttime horseshoe match. It was fun, but I would go so far as to say that it replace normal horseshoes.

We shot a little pool up in my game room, but had to surrender to my little cousin Jimmy who kept darting out of nowhere to grab balls from the table or send them rolling everywhere.

We moved on to cards and agreed on Texas Hold ‘em. Just before midnight, Amy, Rob and Leslie went all in. Rob walked away with the whole shebang. The cards haven’t been kind to me in…ok, years. We sure had fun though.

And now, I know this is hard to believe, but we are off to the lake. It will be another fine day of wakeboarding and playing in the sun.

3 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hee hee! Sorry my son messed up your game of pool. I didn't realize he was doing that. I was too busy drinking wine with your wife and Rob's wife. And yes, his mushrooms were AWESOME!!

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol, don't even worry about it. He was cute as a button, even when he was terrorizing us.

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.