Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Bring on the Noise...

Ah, utter silence, I had almost forgotten what this feels like. My son is spending the weekend with his Mema and my brother is spending the weekend with some friends. It is just my wife and me. She is burning her way through the pages of The Da Vinci Code, the T.V. is off and I…well, I am pushing buttons on my keyboard. It feels…almost…unnatural. I have become so accustomed to trying to write while answering questions or trying to ignore the sounds of the tube, stereo, life…whatever, that this just doesn’t feel right. I can’t tell you how many times that I have thought: What I wouldn’t give for some peace and quiet around here. Well, I have it and I guess I would have to say that it is overrated. Careful what you wish for…yeah, I guess that adage is true. Oh well, I am sure that the anarchy will resume in full force in about five hours.

9 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

You are soooooooo lucky!! What I wouldn't give for just an hour or two of peace and quiet... I am sooooo jealous!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Fear not...the silence is gone. All is as it should be again.

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same. I want quiet, then when I have it, I'm missing my son so much it's terrible.

We just can't make up our damn minds, can we, Goody? :P

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That's a fact.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger boabhan sith said...

That's so cool that you call her Mema. That's what my kids call my step-mother.
They take at least one of the kids on the weekends for a night. My husband and I don't really know what to do with them both gone. I wish that I could say we get freaky, but mostly we sleep and take turns in the bathroom with the knowledge that no one is going to interrupt us.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

LOl! You mean you don't enjoy seeing the little fingers reaching under the bathroom door?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

P.S. I was anonymous. Damn Blogger.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Gotcha...I was wondering who it was. :)

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.