Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Angels & Demons

If I have been immersed in a world of hidden text, secret societies, symbologists, iambic pentameter and the near destruction of the Catholic Church. It is the story of one of the oldest rivalries known to priests and scientists man; the eternal conflict between science and religion. Both groups claim to be searching for the ultimate answer, er…wait that was an entirely different story. They are both in search of the ultimate…oh, who am I kidding, both of them are striving to be the first to say: “Nanner, nanner, I told you I was right. Your entire life as been for naught.” Which, if it were the scientist that were right, means that there were a whole lot of celibate people roaming around saving themselves for no apparent reason. But then again, if the church is right, then there are a whole lot of really smart people tumbling around in a sea of fire, playing naked twister with the devil.



When a humble professor from Harvard (is there a such thing?), receives a phone call in the wee hours, it could only mean that he is about to be launch on a whirlwind adventure. Robert Langdon faces dangers unimaginable. He is put in harm’s way by a society that any scholar worth his salt will tell you has been dead for centuries. I am referring to none other than the Illuminati. Their agent, an ancient Hassassin, will commit unthinkable acts against the most unlikely victims.

You have no idea what I am talking about, do you? Well…I guess you will just have to read the book. What book is that you might ask? I am referring to none other than Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.

Before we go any further, I want to make it perfectly clear that I really enjoyed this story. Having said that, his mechanics in this one were a little rough and in many places, it felt rushed (I prefer to be pulled into a story rather than pushed), but the overall effect was a fast paced story that was full of enough twists and turns to keep you turning pages. In my humble opinion, this book wasn’t as good as Digital Fortress but it was still a damn good story.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Glad to of read this review. I have been considering reading it for some time. I enjoyed 'DaVinci code', so I will probably dig 'Angels & Demons'.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

If you like the DVC, I would be will to bet that you would be all over this one.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger aka_monty said...

I just finished Digital Fortress a week or two ago...loved it!

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Me too! :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.