Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

There's no place like home...

I’m back!!!! Wouldn’t you know it…I won ten million dollars on a $1 slot machine and turned it into another 5 million dollars on the Black Jack tables. Now I can quit my day job and devote all of my time to writing. Ah…if only that were true. As luck would have it, I came back a little lighter in the pockets than when I left. I had a wonderful time losing it though.

I met a ton of interesting people and saw things that made my head spin. We had dinner in the restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere. The view from there is nothing short of amazing. The entire restaurant was encased in glass and the tables rotated at just the right speed to allow its patrons to have a 360 degree view every 20 minutes. The service was exceptional and the food divine. It is a must do if you are ever on the strip.

We saw a great show called Bite. It was full of pointed teeth, acrobatics and classic rock. I have never seen a vampire musical before, but I would be willing to bet that this is one of the best ones ever.

We met some people that recently moved to Vegas from Ohio. Howdy, friends (I would call you by name, but I am not sure if you want me to). They helped us keep the excitement rolling on the tables until the wee hours of the morning. We also met a man that invented a new type of gold prospecting pan. Travis (As I am sure, that you won’t mind having your name used here), was very excited about the direction his new business was going and I can see why. Then there was our favorite dealers Jim and Alvin, both of which served up Black Jacks at very opportune times.

Kim and Matt (our friends that went with us) had some great luck as well. Matt took first place in a Texas Hold ’em tournament the first day and 2nd place on the last. We had a lot of laughs along the way.

The wedding was beautiful. Dan and his beautiful new wife K’Lyn made a striking couple. Many were the oo's and ah's that reverberated in the chapel. I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

I would love to tell you more, but you know what they say…what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. You know, except for the gazillion cameras that are posted over every square inch of the city. Anyhoo, it’s good to be home. So, what did I miss?

5 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

YAY! You're home! I missed you!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

thanks, I had fun but there is nothing like sleeping in my own bed.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger JohnH985 said...

Hey,
Seemed like we were both gone around the same time. Sounds like you had fun. Too bad you didn't win that million dollars, would have been nice, huh?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

No doubt. I definately would have slept in this morning. :)

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous california-gold-nuggets said...

Hi: I was looking for information on gold detecting and can upon your site. I'm working on a site about Gold nuggets and looking for any good facts that I might be able to incorporate into my site to really provide an in-depth information source. After reading your Blog, I found it interesting, but, it wasn't what I was looking for. Well I'm off again in search for gold detecting info.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.