Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

One more post before I leave

I know I said things were going to be quiet around here, but Mike the Corpsy has tagged me with the Book Meme.

So without further ado...

Total number of books owned:

I went through a major book cleansing a year or so ago. I now only have about 300 books in my collection.

Last book bought:

Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. I bought it shortly after Angels & Demons was introduced into our collection.

Last book read:

AGYAR by Steven Brust. Oh, but I am a sucker for a good vampire story and this definitely qualifies as one of those. This book was, incidentally, signed by Steve at a conference in Dallas earlier this year. I had the fortune of spending a little time with him between panels. He is a great guy as well as a great writer.

Five books that mean a lot to you:

The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. It was after standing in line for hours to have one these books signed, that I decided to embark on my own writing career.

The Myth Books by Robert Asprin. I began reading these books at a time when I could totally relate to the often bumbling but trying to hold it all together Skeeve.

For number three, I must bend the rules abit and choose two for the same reason. When I was given my first command position in the Army, my sergeant gave me two books with the following advice. Read them both, apply a little of each, but never all of both and you will do just fine. They were The Prince by Machiavelli and How to win friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

The gazillion books that comprise the Gor series by John Norman. My dad and I shared a love for these books and I am sure that we read everyone of them at least twice. It would provide us hours of subject matter to discuss in a time when it is hard for any father and son to discuss much of anything. This may seem like a strange statement, but if you knew my dad you would realize the importance of this.

The Dragon Riders of Pern by Anne McCaffery. I love these books for kindling my love for dragons and err…telepaths.

Tag five people to continue this meme:
I will go with Red, Aka_Monty, Cory, Daniel Hoffman-Gill, and Robin Grantham. Sorry, ladies and gentlemen. I hope you enjoy it. 

5 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger JohnH985 said...

Have fun in Vegas! I love the Dragons of Pern books too. I never could get into the vampire books by Anne Rice, I've tried a couple times, but I just can never finish one, and if you knew me you'd know that's very hard for me to do, not finish a book I start. But something about them just puts me off, dont' really know what. Hope you win a lot of money in Vegas...

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, John. I hope I do to :) As for not being able to finish the book, make sure you let me know if that becomes a problem with any of mine. :D

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger JohnH985 said...

Oh, forgot to mention that I did love the Myth books. I read them many a moon ago, but they were wonderful.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hey Cousin!

You're missing so much while you're gone! Miss ya! Hope you and Mrs. G are winning lots of money!

When we gonna BBQ again? We've got to get together soon. Tell little G "hi" for us!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Hello, hello! I am back in the land of the sane (or at least a little saner than whence I came). It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.