Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Book news and a sigh for all of humanity

Ok, I just wanted to give a quick update on my book (the one that is coming out this year, of course). I have been in contact with my publisher a couple of times since the original acceptance. We still haven’t finalized the contract, but that portion should be wrapped up in the next week or two. I had the distinct impression that he was proceeding with this project even before, the contracts are signed as we are looking at such an early release date (August?). Well, that and the fact that he already has an artist working on my cover. I get chills just thinking about it; my first book is coming out this year.

Below is a little teaser to wet your appetite. Let me know what you think.

A small community in Southern Oklahoma is rocked by a savage murder and the disappearance of six seniors at Castleton High School. Only a few members of a tribe that lives on the Red River Reservation know what really happened that night. A group of spirit warriors known as the Nunne’hi has avenged the death of Carl Redoak, putting a new twist on an old-fashioned ghost story. The bodies of the missing boys slowly turn up…in pieces. Tensions rise between the Res and their neighbors in Castleton as the accusations fly. When the truth is revealed, will anyone believe it? Will the bloodshed continue? Will Michael “Big hand touches little hand” Jackson ever go to jail for being a F#$%ed in the head child molester (and no, this doesn’t really have anything at all to do with my book. I just thought I would sneak it in.)?

Ok, I’m off to work. Have a great day!

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Rawk on!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! :)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger JohnH985 said...

Great news! I can't wait till it comes out.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, John. I can't wait either. I am trying not to get antsy, but...yeah, I am ready to see my words in print. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.