Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

And they said it couldn't be done...

Teresa Nielsen Hayden has managed to do something that some have said was utterly impossible. Oh, you mean you want me to tell you what it is? Why didn’t you just follow the link? Fine…She managed to write a poem that poetry.com not only didn’t say qualified her to be “The Poet of the Year for 2005” (with probably close to 5,000 other hopefuls), but they actually rejected it (I have misspoken here. She didn’t actually receive a reject. See her comments below). Yes, it was a brilliant piece. To read it in its entirety, please visit Making Light. I know…I know, you want me to wet your appetite a bit, don’t you? Well let’s just say pitted one form of scam artist against another. Don’t forget to scroll through her comments; I was nearly in tears after reading some of her commentor’s variations.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, James. I have to correct one small correction: they didn't send me a rejection. I don't believe they're set up to send anyone a rejection. However, they did receive my "poem," and didn't declare it a semifinalist or offer to publish it, which is as much as anyone can shoot for, and more than anyone could hitherto manage.

Glad you liked it. That was fun. I'm now sitting back to watch the real poets at work

Cheers --

tnh

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah...Thanks for the correction.

There are indeed some very fine poems developing in that thread.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! film editing schools

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.