Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Weekend Rents (Of a Sort)

Fangs, arrows, stakes, blood and fury, and thatís just the good guys. The local suck-heads just thought they had it bad when all they had to deal with was Blade. In Blade: Trinity, the third and final installment of the series, The Daywalker (Wesley Snipes) joins forces a group of human vampire hunters known as erÖThe Nightstalkers (I wonder if they realized how cheesy that rhyme was going to be, when they named the group). Abigail (Jessica Biel) and Hannibal (no not lector, this one is played by Ryan Reynolds) help Blade search for the greatest of all vampiresÖDracula, slashing and smashing their way through hordes of the undead to get to him.

They did Dracula up right. They ditched the cape and tux, choosing some rather wicked looking armor in its stead. Oh, and they referenced Bram Stoker, but it was only a fleeting mention before they went on to say that Dracula was actually 7,000 years old.

When they say this is the final installment, they mean it. Without going into to much detail (for fear of spoilers), letís just say that something big happens and leave it at that. Do you want to know what it is? Come here, lean in a little closer and I will whisper it in your ear. Are you ready? The &()@#$%^^ doe this thing where )_#($_%+^+&)&) and then (#&()_+%+^+&+& happens to the)#*$)%__%+^+^(. Can you believe they did that? Kind of ruins and chance for a sequel.

I picked up the unrated version which contains and extra 10 minutes of action not seen in theaters. The bonus features are pretty descent. It came equipped with a blooper reel, alternate ending (I am so glad that they decided not to go with this ending), and a 16-part behind the scenes documentary describing the world of Daywalkers, Nightstalkers and Familiars.

I bought this DVD sight unseen. I knew that it was going to be a part of my collection when I saw the first preview. Yes, there were a few cheesy parts and yes, there were a few parts that made me groan and wonder why they had to put it in the movie, but overallÖI was a good watch. This may come as a shock to some of you who have been following my blog for awhile, but I am a sucker for a good vampire story. Yes, I know itís hard to believe, but itís true. So, this movie was a little bittersweet for me. If you have seen it, I am sure you know what I mean. If you havenít, well you will just have to watch it to understand.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.