Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, May 27, 2005

The Sith and assorted weekend rents

We went to see Star Wars Episode III on Friday. Hooray, it didn’t suck. Yes, it still had a ton of bad acting and yes, it still had numerous scenes that ranked pretty high on the cheese scale, but I actually enjoyed this movie. If you even remotely liked any of the Star Wars movies, I recommend that you see this one and more than that, it should be seen in the theater. Enough said. I am sure that there must be literally thousands of blogs that address the pros and cons to Revenge of the Sith.

On Saturday, we decided to have a quiet night in and rented a few movies to help us to that end. We rented three movies; one was funny as hell, one tugged at your heart strings, despite being action packed, and one stunk so bad, that I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that it was spawned in the deep dark recesses of Satan’s ass.

Let’s take on the stinker first. Team America is quite possibly the single worst story ever to be committed to film. I know what you’re thinking…it’s a movie made with puppets, what did you expect? Well, I expected to laugh, which I did a couple of times. Those moments were few and far between. Mostly, I just rolled my eyes and smirked. I wound up turning the thing off before it was over; I just couldn’t take anymore of the stupidity.

We followed that up with Ladder 49. This is a great movie. It is the story of a Baltimore City firefighter. It gives us a glimpse into the lives of these courageous men and women who risk their lives to keep us safe. This movie will make you laugh and make you cry, but in the end…well you will just have to watch the movie and decide what emotion it leaves you with for yourself. Rent it, watch it and shake the hand of every firefighter you ever see for the rest of your life.

The last movie of the weekend was Meet the Fockers. This movie is hilarious. I laughed ‘til my side hurt. From a cat (Jinx) flushing a dog (Moses) down the toilet to geriatric sex therapy, this movie has it all. Seeing Robert De Niro wearing a fake breast (for breast-feeding his grandson) and then making Ben Stiller feel it, was enough to justify the cost of this rental. I will buy this one for my personal collection and watch it time and again. The deleted scenes are just as funny as the movie; I am not sure why they cut them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.