Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday Night's Alright

Yes, today is the day that my wife comes back from Germany. The talks and experiments went well, so I guess the trip was fruitful, but I will sure be glad when she is back in my arms, only ten more hours to go. Luckily, fate has intervened to give me something to keep my mind off of the waiting; I have to work today. Yes, I could think of better ways to pass the time, but I guess my beloved (heavy sarcasm here) PLCs decided to go a little bonkers yesterday afternoon and I wasnít able to finish repairing them.

I owe, I owe so it's off to work I go, but before I do; riddle me this:
Three men go to a cheap motel, and the desk clerk charges them a sum of $30.00 for the night. The three of them split the cost ten dollars each. Later the manager comes over and tells the desk clerk that he overcharged the men, since the actual cost should have been $25.00. The manager gives the bellboy $5.00 and tells him to give it to the men. The bellboy, however, decides to cheat the men and pockets $2.00, giving each of the men only one dollar.
Now each man has paid $9.00 to stay for the night, and 3 x $9.00 = $27.00. The bellboy has pocketed $2.00. But $27.00 + $2.00 = $29.00. Where is the missing $1.00? WTF?

5 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

About that math Q...Yeah, you have way too much time on your hands.

Tell Mrs. Goody 'hi' for us and to have a happy Mother's Day.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Will do and a Happy Mother's Day to you too! I just wished yours was going to be spent the way you originally intended.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous MT said...

PLC? I'm familiar with High Pressure Liquid Chromatographs. Anything like that?

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Programmable Logic Controllers. They are primarily used for control of instrumentation to manipulate a process or in for automation. They replaced the banks of relays that were used in the 60s and 70s.

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.