Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Next Step

Ok, I have been in contact with Cyber-Pulp and I now know what my next step is. In addition to the author bio, Mr. Gunner has also asked for a short bio and a picture to put on his website. It actually turned out to be quite an interesting exercise for me. I basically had to sum myself up in three sentences. It is (for me, at least) a lot harder than it sounds. Whatís pertinent; whatís not? What can I write that might intrigue someone that is just browsing through the authorís section?

Then, of course, once I had written something, I began wondering if I had put the right information down. Will it be enough? Am I overanalyzing this? Itís just a three sentence bio for Christís sake, why am I putting so much thought into it? Because it is my first one and I want it to beÖperfect. In the end, I decided that simple was best, nothing flamboyant or overly cute. It is short, sweet and straight to the point. I just put out a little information and if they want more, wellÖI am sure they can find it somewhere.

On a side note, I donít see me finishing any more reviews of my weekend rents this time around. I just canít seem to sit still long enough to watch a movie for some odd reason or another. Donít worry, I will make it up to you some other time.

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

So...I get a free autographed copy, right? I mean - We are in fact family. You gonna hook me up or what?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks for the congrats.

I would go broke if I bought books for the whole family, but for you...I think I can make an exception. :)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

yay! i get a free book! and you best autograph it too!

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I will gladly sign it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.