Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My Very First Meme

The beautiful Red has tagged me with The Music Meme. This is the first one of these that I have ever received, so I thought…what the hell? Enjoy, feel free to pass it along
1. The total volume of music files on my computer is... about 20MB. Yeah, I know that isn’t a lot, but I generally download a few songs, burn them to CD and erase them off the computer. After, I have a chance to thoroughly evaluate my mix CD, I generally go by the full CDs of the artists that I like most on the disc. Of course, I know that there is a better way, but I am just quirky that way.
2. The last CD I bought was... With Teeth by NIN (Nine Inch Nails for the uninitiated). I did a review on this one just the other day. I can’t say enough good things about this CD.
3. The song playing right now is... I Predict a Riot by Kaiser Chiefs.
4. Five songs that mean a lot to me are...
One by Metallica . I remember listening to this while I was “away” in the military and it really struck home.
Vision Thing by Sister’s of Mercy. This song was played at least once an hour every hour at this biker bar I worked in when I lived in Germany.
I Melt With You by Modern English. This was the first song that my wife ever asked me to sing to her.
Zoot Suit Riot by The Cherry Poppin’ Daddies. This was the first song I ever sang in public.
Feel Like Making by Bad Company. This song was playing the first time I ever…well, you can use your imagination for this one.
5. Which people are you passing this baton to, and why? I am passing the baton to Bones, because, quite frankly, I want to see his answers. I am only tagging one person with this, because it has too much of a chain mail feel to it and I want to keep the people cursing me for passing it to them down to a minimum. If you would like to play, feel free to consider the baton passed, but let me know so that I can see your answers.

13 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Bones went to Tucson (or is it Tuscon?), Arizona on an inspection job today. Should be back by Friday. Took his laptop w/ him, but don't know if he'll get online there. I'll make sure he reads this post and answers accordingly.

I like Melt With You and Zoot Suit Riot too. Great songs. And I really like Feel Like Making Love, and all other Bad Company songs for that matter.

And thanks for referring to me as 'beautiful'. You didn't have to do that. What are you buttering me up for? Did your dishwasher eat my pizza platter? I bought that thing at this fancy kitchen gadget store called Wal-Mart. You owe me $2.97!! Or your dishwasher owes me $2.97, rather. No more pineapple upside-down cake for you!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol, your platter is safe. Next time we get together, I will return it unharmed! :)

I am glad Bones is getting to use that new certification. Though, I bet, not as glad as he is. Tell him I said hi, when you talk to him.

Oh, and you are beautiful and I know I didn't have to say that. So, just take the compliment and be done with it. :)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

It better be safe! Ha! Ha!

Bones is using his degree and certification for a couple of days. When he gets back he'll be welding for a couple of weeks in Pawhuska, I think (some Oklahoma 'P' town). So he'll be home.

Awwww...Thanks! You're the coolest cousin-in-law a girl could ever have!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

:)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Chimes & Alarms said...

door chimesLarge selection of door chimesand door chimesavailable for immediate delivery. door chimesExtend your current door chime to ring other places in your home without wiring.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Swimming Pool Chemicals site
It pretty much covers
Swimming Pool Chemicals related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)baquacil swimming pool chemicalbaquacil swimming pool chemical

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Get-A-Free-House said...

How would you like to own a custom-built house at a 42% to 100% discount? Find out how today by visiting Get-A-Free-House.com

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous free music down loads said...

Tis the season! I was searching the web and found your entry this post I really like your site and found it worth time reading through the post. I am looking to publish a comprehensive site ranges many types of historical needlework. All those interested in this area will find this article of interest as it is written from many perspective. Please feel free to take a look at my blog at free ipod music and add any thing your want.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger fitnessinstructor said...

The Fools Cap
My site is better than yours! LOL. J/K
Seriously check it out though, robin ammerlaan wheelchair tennis

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger arppeggio said...

We actors don't get a lot of ukpoolstore till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our ukpoolstore regardless. ukpoolstore
Isobella
http://www.onlinepoolchemicals.co.uk

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous yahoo used car search said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my yahoo used car search site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger IM Cupnjava said...

1. The total volume of music files on my computer is...5.4 gigs.

2. The last CD I bought was... Breaking Benjamin's We are not alone.

3. The song playing right now is... Icon of Coil "Regret"

4. Five songs that mean a lot to me are... "Popcorn" by Hot Butter. I remember listening to this on 8 track while growing up. Yes, 8 track.

"Pure Energy" by Information Society -- sends me through a pleathora of High School memories.

"Baby's got her blue jeans on" I always remember holding my father's hand while we roller skated together.

"Daddy's Hands" Makes me think of dancing with with my father and my uncle at my first wedding.

"I want you" Savage Garden makes me think of car-dancing with my current husband.

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.