Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Long Time No Post

I just wanted to take a second to apologize for neglecting my blog. I have a project in the works that is taking up a little more of my time than I anticipated. It just so happened to coincide with a fairly time consuming project for my day job. I hit a wall that I feared I would run up against someday; not enough time to write everything that I want to get on paper (or at least on my PC).

I had several things happen over the last week, week and half, that I thought: “Wow, I wonder if my readers would like to hear about that.” Truth is, I made a conscious decision to ease up on the amount of posts I put on my blog until a) I finish my secret project and good things happen because of it. Or b) I finish the mind-numbing database collection and creation program that I am working on.

Before I go, I would like to throw a few things out here in cyberspace:

1. Congratulations to my friend Amy for winning the first allotment of prizes for her picks in the NCAA Basketball tournament. You might know it better as March Madness.
2. Rob, better luck next time. When we hit Vegas we can do that up proper. Counting down the days, man.
3. I would like for you to think of three things that someone referring to a “hood ornament” might be talking about. I giggle every time I think about this one.
4. I have been following this Terri Schiavo case and I can’t believe her parents would want to put their own daughter through all of this for their own selfish reasons. I am saying it now for the record. If I have to depend on a feeding tube to live, that ain’t living. Let me put an official end to this life, so I can move on to the next one (or where ever your faith dictates that I would go). 14 years people! She has been eating through a tube because she is stuck in persistent vegetative state. The President has no business sticking his nose into such a personal matter.
5. Just because most everyone I meet under the age of say…25 seems to be a complete and utter moron, does not mean that I have turned into one of those old men that used to talk to me like I was a moron at 23. We really do have an abundance of idgets in the state of Oklahoma.

Well, back to the grind. I hope to be back in full swing by next week.

4 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

It's spelled 'eejit' (so my friend in the UK says, which is where that word is mostly used).

This spelling error corrected by me, a 24 year old moron in the state of Oklahoma. :P

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I guess that make me an eejit like the rest of them then! :)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Yes that makes you an eejit...Especially since you didn't apologize to the 24 year old moron in Oklahoma for making fun of 24 year old morons in Oklahoma. :P

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oops. Sorry, Red. I didn't catch the hint the first time.

Actually, I don't think that you are a moron (or a good deal of other people that are under 25. I was actually, just making a reference to the way things seem to go full circle. When I was younger and tried to tell someone my age about pretty much anything, I recieved the icy glared that declared in no uncertain terms that I didn't know half as much as I thought I did.

Now that the roles are reversed, I can see that I knew even less than my older peers thought I did.

No offense intended.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.