Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Weekend Rents

We had another exciting weekend filled with… movie rentals. Actually, we only watched three movies the entire weekend. We spent most of yesterday at the zoo, which incidentally is my son’s favorite place in the entire world to visit. When the weather is nice we try to go at least once a month.

The first movie we watched was Saw. This movie was twisted and dark, which I was expecting, but it wasn’t scary. It was more of a thriller than a horror flick. Some of the imagery was quite disturbing, but again, it just wasn’t scary at all.

Full of twists and turns and possessing an ending that I didn’t see coming, this movie is worth watching. Just don’t go into it expecting to be frightened. My overall impression is that this movie is Seven meets Hannibal.

The second movie was Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. This is not just another slacker stoners find adventure while trying to sate the munchies. This is a quality film about a young man that is taken advantage of by nearly every single person in his life. On his quest to find White Castle, he is forced into a night of self-discovery. When the journey is over, he is a new man with a newfound sense of confidence.

Have no doubt about it; this movie is full of great potty humor and bad intentions. I laughed my rear off through most of it. There is no real “Moral to the story” here. It is just good old-fashioned less than clean fun. I am glad I didn’t see it in theaters, but I am glad I watched it.

We wrapped up the weekend rentals with Cellular. This was a surprisingly good movie. My wife picked this one and to be honest, I didn’t think I would like it. For some reason I had it in my head that it was just going to be some spin-off of Phone Booth. Guess what, I was wrong. It was action-packed and funny in all the right places. This movie hit the ground running and never stumbled once.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Ola gorie jewellery Risk of humidifiers fioricet prescription what is tramadol make your own ice machine water bed small ice makers cabinet Acuvue reviews cancer uterine Gangbang japanese http://www.sprydental.info/mazda-phantom-blue-paint.html http://www.zyban-online.info/administrator-certified-cisco-network.html ice machine air cooled versus water cooled private diazepam phrmacies roulette a pizza

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.