Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Music for the Masses

Has anyone else noticed that Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day is now British? Their new song, Holiday, is great, but when I first heard it I thought I was witnessing the next wave of British Punk to grace our airwaves.

Yesterday, I heard a mix song that had Wonderwall by Oasis played over Green Day’s Boulevard of Broken Dreams. It was, in a word, magnificent. I haven’t been this excited about a remix since Ray of Gob. You remember, that was the song that merged Ray of light by Madonna with The Sex Pistol’s God Save the Queen and Pretty Vacant. Isn’t technology a wonderful thing?

It makes me want to start playing around with some of my other favorites. I wonder what I could do with my Sinatra and Cherry Poppin’ Daddies CDs. Too easy, you say? Maybe I could mix Guns N’ Roses with Stone Temple Pilots. Oh wait, that’s already been done. It’s called Velvet Revolver. Perhaps, I could try something with Kenny Wayne Sheppard and Staind. I’ve got it. I can mix The Killers with Jesus Jones and throw in a few samples from Puddle of Mudd.

Well, I’m off to make history. I will let you know how it all turns out.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! online loans las vegas infallible baccarat system reviews portable hot tub Cheap zoloft free shipping Wireless 1 year plans zocor grapefrut

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.