Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

An Officer and a Gentleman

I was visiting with a friend of mine that happens to be a police officer. He told me about an incident that happened a couple of nights ago and I thought I would pass it on. I have course can’t remember the conversation verbatim, but this is the gist of it anyway:
“Did I tell you about the traffic stop I had the other night?” He asked with a wicked gleam in his eye.“I don’t think so.” I shrugged.“I pulled this car over that was weaving. Once we were on the side of the road, he started getting out of his car. That’s not a good idea, especially at night. So, I was like: ‘Sir, please return to your car.’ Instead of getting back in his car, he started walking towards mine.”“Were you still sitting in your car?”“Nah, I was on my feet in a hurry. I bet I told him to get back into his car three times before, my hand went to my hip.”“Dude, you were going to shoot him?”“No, but I thought I was going to have to use my taser.”“Your taser.” I smirked.
“Hey, those things are vicious. Did I ever show you that video of when they tasered me for training?”“You did not really let them taser you. Did you?”“Yeah, you have to have it used on you, before you can use it on someone else.”“I guess that makes sense.”
“Anyways, he finally walked back to his car, but as a show of defiance, he just leaned against it, instead of getting back in. I could smell the alcohol, before I ever got anywhere near him.”“Hence the weaving.”“Yeah. So needless to say, he failed the sobriety test. I told him to place his hands on the car because he was under arrest. He told me to get bent. He wasn’t going to jail.”“So you used your taser after all?”“No, I wound up folding him right there against his car and cuffing him.”“Damn, you broke bad on his ass, huh?”
At this point, I feel it necessary to tell you that my friend is not one of those macho adrenaline junkies that wear the badge, just to have an opportunity to legally rough people up. He is actually a mild-mannered man that just wanted to make a difference in his community.
“No, I just did what I had to do. The guy was like 71 years old.”“You beat up an old man?” I laughed.“No, I didn’t beat him up. I just used enough force to get the job done. You want to know the worst part?” He said and waited for my nod.“The guy was a retired cop. He should have known better.”“So did you let him off?”“You kidding me? I don’t care who you are; you break the law, you’re going down.”“Bad ass.” I smirked.“Hey, shut up.”“Or what, you going to taser me?” I teased.“Perhaps, just a little pepper spray would be enough to shut your mouth.” He smiled.
I opted to drop the subject. I have experienced pepper spray (which is a whole other story that I might share with you sometime) and I have no desire to feel that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.