Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hurt Feelers

Apparently, I rubbed Mr. Y the wrong way. Funny, I actually thought I was encouraging him.

Mr. Goodman,
I felt that you were a little harsh with me. Of course, I would address an editor or publisher as Mr. or Mrs. I’m not a moron. I just assumed since you were a fellow writer, it would be alright to call you James.
I didn’t use bad grammar in those chapters. I have re-read them a hundred times. If they need to be edited, the publisher will do it before it goes into print. I am not a hack with a vampire fetish. I will be a great writer. Just you wait and see.
What’s with the mixed signals? On one hand you say that you like the story and then you turn around and write “good” chapters when you are referring to them, like you are just sating me and don’t really think they are good and you want your other readers to know that you didn’t buy off on it.

Good day to you, sir!

Mr. whatever you want to call me as I am sure I fall into the X category now.


Y (at this point we should be on a first name basis),

You can call me James (which I assume is better than what you were calling me as you read the post). I just wanted to make sure that you knew it should be the exception, not the rule. I apologize if I have offended you. I guessed you missed the part about thick skin in my response to your first letter.

I didn’t actually call you a hack, I was just trying my hand at humor. Apparently, I need a little work in that area. I hope you do become a great writer. IMHO, with what I read of your work, you are not there yet. Maybe you are right though, a publisher may fall in love with the idea of your book and make the corrections for you. I just don’t see that happening, but I hope you prove me wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time that I have been mistaken.

I wasn’t aware that I was sending mixed signals. I said that your story had potential and I meant it. Believe me when I tell you that if I thought it was truly horrible, I would have made fun of you, not try to encourage you. I might have even posted a few sample passages on the blog for everyone to enjoy. I still think it has potential and I would read more if you chose to send it to me.

Thanks for playing and I hope you have a good day too.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
Pyute and golf Auburn hills web site marketing

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.