Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Ok, I admit it. I am a Sunday night HBO junkie. Sure, there are a few network shows that I watch (most notably Las Vegas and Scrubs), but nothing pulls me in like a good HBO series.

I watched OZ with a morbid fascination that I can only akin to slowing down to check out a car wreck. I know I shouldn’t have been so interested, but I watched it anyway. I was disappointed when they wrapped that series up.

The Sopranos is one of my all time favorite shows. It is a wonderful show about a family struggling to stick together in the face of adversity. Tony stresses the importance of family and impresses on us a certain amount of family values. Ah, who am I trying to kid? Everybody knows it is a down and dirty mob show and that is what I love about it. I can’t believe this year is going to be the last for this show. It will be missed.

Watching HBO on Sunday nights can also be educational. For instance, I had no idea that the f-bomb was used so much in the 1880’s (Deadwood) or that the life of an actor is all fun, games and hotties (Entourage). The Wire teaches us that the Baltimore PD drink more than the drug dealers and are physically incapable of staying in a monogamous relationship.

The family in Six Feet Under makes me appreciate my own family even more. There are members of my family that have problems but the Fishers are seriously messed up!

Carnivale has just started its second season and already has my friends abuzz with the possibilities. It is a story about good vs. evil, but you are never really sure exactly who is playing for which side. I can’t wait for tomorrow to see what happens next.

Last, but not least, we have my wife’s favorite show: Sex and the City. As the series progressed, I soon realized that this show was quickly becoming one of my guilty pleasures. Most every man I know speaks of this show with oozing contempt. It is something that their girlfriends and/or wives made them watch. Yet they all watched it. I for one think it was great. I will probably pick up all of the seasons on DVD (for my wife, of course). Isn’t there some holiday coming up that would be suitable for giving such gifts?

Now that I have said all of that, I purchased the 1st season of a series yesterday and you will never guess which one it was. Nope, try again. You will never guess, so I will just tell you. It was Las Vegas. Go figure.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! http://www.buick-skylark-part.info/Mitsubishi-lancer-sponsorships.html Paris hilton screwed lyrics Automatic gates for driveway Bondage female wrestling

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.